Due to technical difficulties, there is no audio available for this sermon. Please accept our sincere apologies. We have included the sermon notes here for you as a study help.
Key Thought: When the City of God and the City of Man are in conflict, the City of God will always win the day.
- "Where's God?"
- Two Ditches: assimilation or despair
- Twofold answer: Satire and Seeing God Anyway
- The Kingdom of Persia
- Hint at a problem
- Challenging the Empire
- Queen Vashti
- The call to appear
- She refused to appear
- The Empire Strikes Back
- Resistence is sometime costly
- Silly, Bureaucratic Law
- Lessons Learned
- Don't take the glory and powers of the City of Man too seriously
- Sometimes we have to wait to see what God is doing.
- Similarities and contrasts between the City of Man and City of God:
- Both have a king
- Both have laws
- Both have a banquet
- Both have a summons to the Bride